European Journal of Plant Pathology, ( ISI ), Volume (140), Year (2014-8) , Pages (735-744)

Title : ( Evaluation of repeat sequences on plasmid pEA29 of Erwinia )

Authors: ghazaleh tagh dareh , Sareh Baghaee Ravari , Cobra Moslemkhani , Esmat Mahdikhani Moghadam ,

Access to full-text not allowed by authors

Citation: BibTeX | EndNote

The plasmid content of 38 IranianErwinia amylovorastrains isolated from five different plant spe-cies and geographical locations from2005 to 2013 were evaluated. With exception to the pEA29 plasmid, iso-lates obtained from quince and hawthorns carry the pEU72 plasmid. RFLP analysis ofPstI amplified frag-ment of plasmid pEA29 usingHpaII revealed three known fragments in all strains. Based on the observed polymorphism in the larger one that varied between 360 to 400 bp, all Iranian strains clustered into four groups. In order to determine the exact number of short-sequence DNA repeats, 18 strains were chosen forPstI fragment sequencing. About 63 % of the strains carried a repeat number of 4. The remaining 37 % harboured five, seven and eight repeats. Sometimes a correlation was seen between the RFLP patterns and SSR grouping with respect to other factors including the host plant species, geographical region or sampling year. This study reported the genetic variation of E. amylovora strains for the first time in Iran, based on enzymatic digestion of thePstI fragment of pEA29 and evalua-tion of the short sequence repeat units. It seems that, the latter method may be reliable for E. amylovora strains grouping.

Keywords

, RFLP pattern, Short sequence repeats, Plasmid content,
برای دانلود از شناسه و رمز عبور پرتال پویا استفاده کنید.

@article{paperid:1043412,
author = {Tagh Dareh, Ghazaleh and Baghaee Ravari, Sareh and Cobra Moslemkhani and Mahdikhani Moghadam, Esmat},
title = {Evaluation of repeat sequences on plasmid pEA29 of Erwinia},
journal = {European Journal of Plant Pathology},
year = {2014},
volume = {140},
month = {August},
issn = {0929-1873},
pages = {735--744},
numpages = {9},
keywords = {RFLP pattern; Short sequence repeats; Plasmid content; PstIfragment},
}

[Download]

%0 Journal Article
%T Evaluation of repeat sequences on plasmid pEA29 of Erwinia
%A Tagh Dareh, Ghazaleh
%A Baghaee Ravari, Sareh
%A Cobra Moslemkhani
%A Mahdikhani Moghadam, Esmat
%J European Journal of Plant Pathology
%@ 0929-1873
%D 2014

[Download]